Monday, January 28, 2008

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I just watched "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" for probably the 15th time and it remains such mesmerizing movie. The benevolence, inquisitive and openminded nature of man and other, the univeral musical communication never cease to fascinate me. There is a hopefulness in this movie -- there is intelligent life in universe; we as humans can meet other life without hostility; there are men, such as the Richard Dreyfuss character, who take risks to find their dreams; the explorer in us is till alive.

Besides all this I love the space ship, the musical tones for communication, and the French actor François Truffaut (if for no other reason than his accent). As in "ET" Spiegleburg creates extraterrestrials whom we care for and want to help.

Just a random thought her but maybe if Mexicans could convince Americans they are from outerspace they would be better accepted.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Close Encounters of the Third Kind terrifies me, almost as bad as ET. To this day I am unable to even watch ET, and the musical communication in Close Encounters gives me nightmares.