- Every day I check the Panda Cam at the San Diego zoo. The camera focuses on Zhen Zhen (which means Precious) the baby panda and mother Bai Lun. This is one of those feel good sites because each time I see those pandas I smile. The coloring and shape make them look so hugable and cuddly. So if you need a happy pick-me-up during the day, look at http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/ex_panda_station.html.
- We were in Home Depot today and Dan wanted to look at tools -- power tools, hammers, wrenches -- and I was sooooo (yawning) bored. Mall air revives me, Target air cheers me up, even Shopko air lifts my spirits. But Home Depot is not the store for me when it is a snowy, gray January day and I need some good store air to make me want to live.
- I like my dog more than most people. No news flash there but just felt like typing it. I judge how much I like a person by how often I will pick up the phone when they call. If I pick it up immediately, I like that person lots. If I let it go to voice mail and get back to them (and how long I wait to get back to them is another indicator) they are middle of the road in my life. If I don't return the call, well.....that speaks for itself. At this point I immediately pick up for Ann, Patrick, Dan, Brian & Vicky, Julie, and Brenda.
- Obama won South Carolina which makes me pretty happy. At this time he has 53% to Clinton's 28%. Super Tuesday (February 5) should be interesting for those two.
- Last night the History Channel discussed the potential for Yellowstone National Park to blow like a volcano and create and horrific nuclear winter. I tend not to pay much attention to disaster warnings like this but for some reason I want to stock up on canned goods..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/supervolcano/article2.shtml This website indicates that no one is sure when Yellowstone will erupt and it probably won't be immediately. But, one can't be too sure. I didn't stock up on plastic and duct tape as advised by Homeland Security for a terrorist attack since I think Homeland Security is a crock;t he history channel and the BBC are more credible sources than anyone in the Bush government.
- Cupcakes are the newest cutesty decorating item, and Ann and I are quite taken with them. Just saying the word "cupcake" makes me want to eat one. At Target we picked up cupcake kitchen towels, picture holder, plate and dish, juice cup, and slippers. I came across some cupcake stickers and craft paper and made some cards. Ann and I briefly discussed getting matching cupcake tattoos but haven't decided firmly on that. I would get it on my shoulder blade so I won't get tired of it and it won't sag and look like the frosting is melting when I am 80. It would be fun to do that with her. I ordered some cupcake stamps and a cupcake die cut pattern so I can make more cards. I look in all stores now for cupcake items.
- I need to get online and order some candidate buttons. I have a collection of them starting with Nixon. I don't have every candidate's buttons since then, but I like to get as many as I can.
- Told Patrick I want to host a hookah party in the front yard this summer. Tobacco only, of course, but it would be so fun to tweak the neighbors (Gladys in particular) If not that then I'd like to have a front yard party....set up lawn chairs, have coolers of drinks, and hold hair dryers aimed at cars that drive past.
- Julie and I are going to meet Brenda for coffee next week. Neither Julie nor I are sure how Brenda is doing. Julie talked to her Monday, and Brenda just said that the doctors are making her comfortable. Julie and I find comfort in each other since we are both cowards and unsure how to deal with her illness but we know we don't want to abandon her.
- We went to see the movie "Untraceable" last night and can't stop thinking about it.
Guess that's enough of Saturday random thoughts. Good night and sleep tight.
1 year ago