Friday, October 3, 2008

Favorite Movies

Yesterday was favorite books; today is favorite movies.

Ferris Buehler's Day Off
Grease
Close Counters of the Third Kind
To Kill a Mockingbird
Mary Poppins
The Sandlot
The Sixth Sense
The Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge
Casablanca
Million Dollar Baby
My Fair Lady
Oklahoma
Sound of Music
Moulin Rouge
The King and I
Fiddler on the Roof
Miracle on 34th Street
Beverly Hills Cop - both movies


Let me explain why some of these movies are on the list. Ferris Buehler and Beverly Hills Cop have rule breakers as the main character plus both have a sense of humor. Both aspects appeal to me.

The "old" musicals have a special place in my heart. I love the music and the simple story lines.

To Kill a Mockingbird and Occurance at Owl Creek Bridge are based on a movie/short story. Mockingbird is the only movie I liked almost as much as the book. Occurance is better than the book and this is the only time I have ever said that about a written piece over a movie.

When flipping through channels The Sandlot, Ferris Buehler, Grease and Beverly Hills Cop are movies I will always stop to watch AGAIN. There is something about them that I love.

I have watched many a mediocre movie but there are a few reallyreallyreally bad ones that come to mind:

The Weatherman
Vanity Fair
The Goofy Movie (I fell asleep)

No comments: