Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Zoo Animals

When I go to the zoo there are certain animals I want to see and others I can pass by with little interest. I can by-pass bats, snakes, baboons, monkeys, wolves (I like the animal but their pacing distresses me), snakes, elephants, and anything in the children's zoo.

I will go out of my way to see giraffes, bears, tigers, lions, hippos, zebras, rhinos, penguins, otters, flamingoes, gorillas, and dolphins. If I ever have the opportunity I will race to see a panda bear.

Zoos provide me with a paradox. Certain animals are endangered and living in zoos provide opportunities for the species' survival. It often appears, however, that the animals are bored and that life in captivity, however safe, is not what it should be. A visit at the zoo always has me wondering how "happy" the animals are.

I haven't been to a zoo in quite awhile and because of my conflict I don't consider a trip to the zoo high on my list of things to do.

1 comment:

donnie said...

I wonder if the advances of society have created a zoo atmosphere for humankind.