Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Saint's Bracelet Continued

I've started wearing the Saint bracelet again. I wore it while in River Falls for Ann's college graduation and while paying the lunch bill at Mariachi Loco, the gentleman who waited on us complimented the bracelet. He then asked if I had a favorite picture and I showed him the angel that I like. He picked out three he liked and said that the picture of baby Jesus reminded him of his three year old son. Since this is a bracelet popular in Mexico I was tickled he liked it. He is from a small town near Guadalajara but only gets back there once a year.

This is a perfect example to a drive by conversation that I will always remember. The sincerity and interest shown by this stranger was endearing and, like many of these kinds of conversations, I would have loved to continue talking to him but time did not allow for it. As short as it was, the impact of this chat will be long.

No comments: